If your domain fails to transfer, you’ll get an email from us. There are a few reasons why this might happen:
- Your domain registration information was entered incorrectly. When confirming the registration details, ensure that all required fields are correct.
- Your domain was activated with your current provider within the last 60 days.
- Your domain has more than nine years left in its registration with your current provider.
- Your domain's DNS records are interfering with the transfer. Contact us and include the error message you're seeing for help transferring.
- Your original provider denied the transfer. Contact your provider for more details.
For each situation, you may want to remove the transfer before trying again. When the transfer fails we automatically refund any payment that may have gone through.